1. How did you become involved with WTS Edmonton?
I volunteered as DJ for 3 summers first for the event and also managed the website as a side job. I became full time team member in 2016.
2. What is your role with WTS Edmonton?
I just recently transitioned from athlete services coordinator to Creative Services & Protocol Manager
3. What does your role involve?
Any graphic design, website/app needs I handle. I also still help with some athlete services/ITU things.
4. What is your favourite part of the job?
I get to be creative and have a certain amount of freedom. I like that it's sort of a mix bag so I'm not just doing one thing. I like that we overlap with eachothers roles.
5. Have you/ do you participate in triathlon events?
Those who don't do.....organise!!
6. What is your sport of choice?
Gaelic football (google it)
7. What tips can you offer to athletes on “maximizing their experience” at WTS Edmonton?
Just make a whole day of it! Bring the family - there's a kids zone, relax and have a beer after your race. My favourite event is the World Paratriathlon Series - that is an amazing race to watch.
8. What are you looking forward to in 2018 and beyond?
I'm looking forward to this new role and getting more experience. I am feeling the excitement for 2020 already so can't wait!
Tell us a little something about yourself:
I moved over here from Ireland over 6 years ago. Puns and dad jokes are my specialty!